Tuesday, April 16, 2013

1.Train and run a 5k

Week 2 Complete.Hurray!

Week 3 Day 1 in the books as well.Groan...

And I thought 90 seconds was bad. HA! It's cake to 3 minutes. (hmmm.. cake...)

I am not so secretly cursing my parents for not making me go out and run more often as a kid because this sh*t is hard as an adult. Honestly, the things I am struggling with the most are my shin pain and my breathing. I gave some new stretches a shot tonite and having iced the crap out of my shins on Sunday after our run, I noticed a difference. They still hurt but the pain has definitely decreased in intensity. Now, to work on my breathing so I stop sounding like I am giving birth whilst running.

On the plus side, having dropped 15lbs since the last time I gave Couch to 5k a shot, I notice a lot less strain on my knees which makes running slightly more pleasant but only slightly. Also, having a running buddy makes me more accountable. Thanks Hubby!

One of the things I struggle with is follow through and so hitting milestones like completing Week 2 is a big deal for me. Especially with something I don't really *want* to do like, pant and hiss and moan for 2 miles in my neighborhood. And I was especially dreading the 3 min straight run this week. But I did it and for that, I am going to glow with pride. Or sweat. Could go either way.

BTW, running in the rain today was kind of sucky but at least we beat the heavy rain!

3 comments:

  1. Love it, keep going!! I was right there, exactly, last summer, now I'm training for the Columbus marathon this fall :) just wanted to let u know I'm on day 16 of my cleanse & down 8 lbs, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Are you doing the Standard Process Mandy? Keep it up! It's a cake walk at 16 days, you are way over the hump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, doing the Freston cleanse. I didn't want to get into any supplements. Just total elimination of alcohol, caffine, sugar, gluten & animal products for 21 days :)

    ReplyDelete