Wednesday, April 10, 2013

1.Train and run a 5k

Week 2 Day 1.

The one where I learn exactly how long 30 seconds is. 

When I was a kid, whenever I said any amount of time wasn't "that long" my dad would always says " How would you like to hang by your toes for that long?" And I feel like I can now change this to "How would you like to run for that long?". Ug. I hate it so much and I want to quit.

This is hard (at least for me, I know some of you pro runners are like Oh it's nothing haha!) but I am not going to quit, despite all of the efforts I make to think of excuses why it would be ok if I did.

One of my goals is to improve my follow through. I have great ideas, I am not going to lie but I am royal suck at sticking with stuff when the going gets tough. (Things, not people. I am loyal as hell to people I care about.) So, as much as I feel like death while I am doing it, I will focus on the sunshine and the warm breeze and that at some point this gets easier.

It does get easier, right?


1 comment:

  1. I wish I knew if it got easier too! keep it up though :D

    ReplyDelete