Tuesday, June 18, 2013

1. Train and run a 5k

It's race week, sports fans!

Saturday is the day I run my very first 5k. I've not quite finished the C25k program, I'm on week 8 but I feel ok about this. I have had my ups and downs with this running nonsense. But some where about week 6(the second time around) each run I did was better than the last. With that being said, last night was my best one so far. 28 minutes.WITHOUT.STOPPING. Yes, that's right.

When I started this excursion, I really didn't know what to expect. Part me really thought it was gonna be easy and I'd have a "why didn't I start this sooner" moment. And the more I ran, the harder I realized it was. And the more proud of myself I became. And all you folks out there in internet land who think they can't run, can just forget it. If I can do this, you certainly can.

I have a fondness for my running shoes that is so weird to me. They are perfectly broken in, slightly muddy and beautiful. I've loved shoes before but never for these reasons. In fact, I've never loved sneakers in my life. I'm a flip-flop kind of girl. But when I put those sneakers on, I feel a sense of power that is totally foreign to me but I totally dig it. It's like they whisper to me the whole time that I can in fact do this.

 Or it's the voices. Whatevs.

Nonetheless, I'm calling myself a runner. And no matter what my time is on Saturday, as long as a finish, I can say that this list item will be my proudest.

No comments:

Post a Comment