Wednesday, March 27, 2013

20. Go Vegetarian for a month-Part 2

So it has been a month since I have completed my month of no meat. I also did a cleanse which, I was going to include in this post but feel like it deserves it's own post. But no meat went over so well. I truly felt better, I was really excited to try new recipes and think it definitely help me unearthed a love of cooking I never realized I had. (Back story: My mom is a cook. And if you know me, you know I tend to go against the grain on anything and everything. So when my mother tried to "teach" me how to cook, I formally protested the whole thing. In fact I stood by guns so adamantly I moved into a house without an oven/stove).

 The only thing that could prevent me from go full on meatless forever is bacon. And when I say this to folks, everyone agrees. I know logically is just made of pork but in my soul I'm convinced its actually made of equal parts magic and crack. Nonetheless, I was completely ready to swear off meat forever until we did this cleanse, which involved basically swearing off all things not fruits and veggies for the first 10 days and then adding in chicken/fish on day 11. By Day 11 I needed something tasty so chicken came back. I also ate way more fish than I have ever in my life, which was also odd.  

When we finished the cleanse I thought, I'd go back to no meat and I believe A LOT less meat is my end goal however, we decided to do the post-cleanse program as we reintroduce food back and I'm not prepared to go back to a vegan lifestyle until I can eat everything again.

So far of the 2 List items I've tried, this had the best and most surprising outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment